The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme (LExS) is open to outstanding Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a full-time master’s degree programme at Leiden University
- Leiden University was founded in 1575 and is one of Europe’s leading international research universities. It has seven faculties in the arts, humanities and sciences, spread over locations in Leiden and The Hague.
- There are many ways in which our university community is diverse, We differ from one another in ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, health, religion, age, socio-economic background, and in many other respects. This diversity has many advantages. In this dossier, you can read what has already achieved to make the university into a place where everyone can be himself or herself. And what we are doing to improve our performance even further.
Follow us on 👇
Below social media platform to get latest updates about scholarships 🎓🎓
- Host University: University of Leiden
- Host Country: Netherland
- Offering Programs: Master
- Available Program: Specific Fields
- Number of Awards: Not Updated
- Eligible countries: All Non-European Countries
1st October 2020
All Masters programmes (with the exception of regular LLM (non-advanced) programmes) in the following Faculties: Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law. Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum Voor Lerarenopleiding. Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
SCHOLARSHIP BENEFITS/ FUNDING
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 awards:
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
- Students must have achieved excellent academic results in their previous study programme(s). Which must be relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying. As an indication, the student is amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study programme. Note that proof of ranking is not required. This information is purely to indicate the level of competitiveness.
- Applicants must have a non-EEA* passport and may not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (Studiefinanciering).
The LExS is not a full scholarship. Non-EEA LExS recipients must still submit ‘proof of sufficient funds’ for their student visa/residence permit application.
ALSO, YOU CAN VISIT FOR Latest SCHOLARSHIPS
- Statement purpose
- Transcript/ Degree
- IELTS/ You can also use English Proficiency Certificate
- Recommendation Letters
- Other Supporting Documents
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online for admission to a Master’s programme at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS.
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a PDF file of max. 500 words; in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study programme and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.